The EPSB Under-20 Regional Development Tour is open to all players aged under-20 who have not qualified to play on the Under-21 Premier Development Tour.
The Tour is split into two regions – north and south – each hosting five tour events per season. Players may enter any region that they wish, but must play in that region’s events throughout the season.
The best performing players across the season will be considered for international selection at events including the EBSA European Under-18s Championship.
Players will also be eligible for promotion to the following season’s Under-21 Premier Development Tour with exact numbers to be published prior to the final round of events.
The provisional dates for the 2021/22 Under-20 Regional Development Tour have now been announced:
- Event One – 22nd August 2021
- Event Two – 7th November 2021
- Event Three – 12th December 2021
- Event Four – 16th January 2022
- Event Five – 6th February 2022
Learn how to enter EPSB competitions and how to become an EPSB member this season via WPBSA SnookerScores.
The 2021/2022 EPSB Under-20 Regional Development Tour (U20RDT) is open to all players aged under-20 (19 or younger) on the 31st December 2021 who have not ‘outright’ qualified to play on the 2021/2022 EPSB Under-21 Premier Development Tour.
- Event entries close two Mondays before the event at midday (1200)
- No limit on the number of entries per event.
- Events consist of round robin groups (not seeded / open draw – minimum of four players in a group) followed by qualification into a knockout phase.
- All matches in both the round robin and knockout phases will be the best of 3 frames.
- The draw for each event will be performed on the day.
- Players will earn ranking points relating to their results at events.
- There will be a ranking list for each region. Ranking points will be awarded and accumulated for both the group phase and knockout phase. These ranking lists will be updated after each event. Ranking points schedule here
- The top ranked players* from both the North and South regions at the end of the season will earn automatic promotion onto the following season’s Under-21 Premier Development Tour (*exact promotion numbers can’t be published until towards the end of the season as this is dependent on several eligibility factors of those involved on the Under-21 Premier Development Tour)
- For those that just miss out on automatic promotion, several players* will be invited to play at the end-of-season Junior Playoffs which offers more qualifying spaces onto the following season’s Under-21 Premier Development Tour (*again, these numbers will be released towards the end of the season)
- If a player earns ‘automatic promotion’ for next season’s Under-21 Premier Development Tour, they will not be permitted to compete on next season’s U20RDT (unless they receive special dispensation for extenuating circumstances).
Entry Fees and Prize Money
2020 – Matthew Lawton
2020 – Halim Hussain
2020 – Jack Haley