The English Partnership for Snooker and Billiards (EPSB) is happy to announce the start of the 2019/20 tournament calendar.
Listed below are the dates and venues for all events from now until the end of 2019. We are aiming to confirm the second half of the EPSB season by mid-October.
Entry into the first few events should be open by the end of this month – this will be confirmed when it is the case. For further events, entry will be made available closer to the time throughout the season.
Several changes have been made to tournament structures and formats; more specific explanations are likely to be released soon. In summary, some of the alterations include:
- Reducing tours from six events to five due to timescales and challenges associated with calendar clashes elsewhere
- Re-branding and change of format for the Junior Tours to reflect their audience and purpose
- Re-branding of the ‘Masters Tour’ to the ‘Seniors Tour’ in order to align with the World Seniors Snooker Tour
- Each event of the new Under-21 Premier Development Tour (entry by qualification only – to be advised) to involve snooker on both days for all players in order to maximise competition between high performing juniors
- Working closely with EPSB-affiliated body Cuestars to deliver the U20 Regional Development Tour South. A vision of working with other providers, where possible, who have a reputation for high quality snooker delivery at local level
- The first phase of the English Under-14 Championship to be held in clubs nationwide with a view to encouraging more junior players of all abilities to take part at entry level (dates and details to be released very shortly)
- Running of an English Women’s, Disability and Billiards Championship (further details to be announced)
- All host venues to be members of the EPSB’s ‘147 Club Scheme’ to ensure good practice and minimum standards across clubs
UPDATE – Since the release of this article we have published the first half of the 2019/2020 EPSB Tournament Calendar which you can find under the ‘Tournaments‘ tab on the EPSB website, or by clicking here > 2019/2020 EPSB Tournament Calendar.
Under the ‘Tournaments‘ tab you can also find several resources relating to both players and officials of the EPSB including our 2019/2020 EPSB Tournament Information Pack and EPSB Standard Conditions of Entry for 2019/2020 that all members must be aware of and adhere to.
Should you have any questions concerning the above information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or reach us on social media using Facebook or Twitter.
EPSB Board of Directors