The English League Snooker Championship will be held for the first time at the Landywood Snooker Club in 2024.
The prestigious Championship is aimed at all snooker leagues across the country and will provide fantastic weekends of snooker, with camaraderie and fun combined with a big prize with a minimum prize fund of £4,500 to be won across the event.
- 13-14 April 2024 [NB: change from originally announced date]
- 4-5 May 2024
In the event of high entries, additional qualifying weekends may be held on the weekends immediately following these dates (i.e. 13-14 April, 11-12 May).
Grand Finals Weekend
All events to be played at the Landywood Snooker Club, Walsall.
Entry Fees and Prize Money
- Entry: £100 per team
- Winners: £1,500
- Runner-Ups: £750
- Semi-Finalists: £500
- Quarter-Finalists: £250
- *Last 16: £100
- Highest Break: £200
- Minimum Total Prize Fund: £4,500
*Last 16 prize only money payable if a Last 16 stage is required at the Grand Finals
Each player from the winning team will also be granted free entry to the following season’s English Amateur Snooker Championship (worth £50 per player).
How to Enter
EPSB registered leagues can enter teams via our bespoke Google Form.
To become an EPSB registered league please submit our league registration form, following which we will contact you with payment details. Registration costs £30 and will be valid for a two-year period from registration.
Each league may enter as many teams as they wish, with a maximum of seven players to contest five frame matches.
The provisional format for the event will be as follows:
- A minimum of 32 teams will compete in group stages to qualify for the Grand Finals weekend.
- Each match will be played over five frames, with a point scored for each frame won.
- Each team will be made up of five players, with a maximum of one professional player who will give an 18-points start when competing against an amateur. Each team will be permitted to name two reserve players
- Each player must have played at least two matches for their league during the current season.
- Where possible, teams from the same league will be drawn apart during the qualification stage.
All events will be subject to the EPSB’s 2023/24 Standard Terms and Conditions of Entry available at our website.
The dress code for the qualifying weekends shall be a polo shirt, trousers and formal shoes.