The English 6-Red Championship is the national snooker championship for the 6-Red format of the sport that has become increasingly popular in recent years.
Players compete for the Jake Nicholson Trophy, named in honour of the former back-to-back champion who sadly passed away in 2021.
The provisional dates for the 2021/22 English 6-Red Championship have now been announced:
- North Qualifier – 18 December 2021
- South Qualifier – 18 December 2021
- North Last 16 (TBC) – 26 February 2022
- South Last 16 (TBC) – 26 February 2022
- Finals Weekend – 4-5 June 2022
Learn how to enter EPSB competitions and how to become an EPSB member this season via WPBSA SnookerScores.
- The 2022 English 6-Red Snooker Championship is open to all
- Event entries close two Mondays before the event starts at midday (1200)
- The opening phase of the championship will consist of two qualifying regions – North and South
- Regardless of home location, players may enter whichever area they wish – although there is only one entry per player per event
- The qualifying regions will be played and completed on one day
- The number of qualifiers produced from each region will be decided on a pro-rata entry basis. This will be made known to players prior to play.
- The format for the regional qualifiers will be round robin groups (with possibly a knockout element attached – this may depend of number of entries)
- The ‘second phase’ of the championship will consist of a straight knockout national last 16 stage combining both the qualifiers from the North and South regions. At this phase the last 16, quarter-finals and semi-finals will be completed, resulting in two finalists who will play each other at the EPSB Finals Weekend.
- The regional qualifiers are open draw (no seeding), although further stages of the tournament may be seeded
- Match lengths may be dependent on the number of entries and published at a later date
Entry Fees and Prize Money
Semi-Finalists: £100 (each)
Quarter-Finalists: £50 (each)
2019 – Jenson Kendrick
2018 – Brandon Sargeant
2017 – Scott Raper
2016 – Jonathan Bagley
2015 – Jake Nicholson
2014 – Jake Nicholson
2013 – Matthew Lee
2012 – John Astley
2011 – Craig Steadman