The English Under-16 Championship is the national snooker championship for players aged under 16 and has been won by several future professionals during its history.
The provisional dates for the 2021/22 English Under-16 Championship have now been announced:
- North Qualifier – 25 September 2021
- South Qualifier – 25 September 2021
- Final – EPSB Finals Weekend, 11th & 12th June, 2022
Learn how to enter EPSB competitions and how to become an EPSB member this season via WPBSA SnookerScores.
- The 2022 English Under-16 Snooker Championship is open to all players aged under-16 (on the 31st December 2021)
- Event entries close the Monday before the event starts at midday (1200)
- The opening phase of the championship will consist of two qualifying regions – North and South
- Regardless of home location, players may enter whichever area they wish – although there is only one entry per player per event
- The qualifying regions will be played and completed on one day
- The number of qualifiers produced from each region will be decided on a pro-rata entry basis. This will be made known to players prior to play.
- The ‘second phase’ of the championship will consist of a national last 16 stage combining both the qualifiers from the North and South regions. At this phase the last 16, quarter-finals and semi-finals will be completed, resulting in two finalists who will play each other at the EPSB Finals Weekend.
- The format is straight knockout throughout (no seeding / open draw)
- Match lengths may be dependent on the number of entries and published at a later date
Entry Fees and Prize Money
Semi-Finalists: £120 (each)
Quarter-Finalists: £60 (each)
2020 – Paul Deaville
2019 – Paul Deaville
2018 – Ryan Davies
2017 – Hamim Hussain
2016 – Taylor Fish
2015 – Mark Lloyd
2014 – Lewis Gillen
2013 – Nico Elton
2012 – Shane Castle
2011 – Liam Clark
2010 – Joel Walker
2009 – Sam Craigie
2008 – Sam Craigie
2007 – Jack Lisowski
2002 – Gary Wilson