The English Under-18 Championship is the national snooker championship for players aged under 18 and can count the likes of professional world champion Judd Trump among its former winners.
The provisional dates for the 2021/22 English Under-18 Championship have now been announced:
- North Qualifier – 26 September 2021
- South Qualifier – 26 September 2021
- North Last 16 (TBC) – 12 March 2022
- South Last 16 (TBC) – 12 March 2022
- Finals Weekend – 4-5 June 2022
Learn how to enter EPSB competitions and how to become an EPSB member this season via WPBSA SnookerScores.
- The 2022 English Under-18 Snooker Championship is open to all players aged under-18 (on the 31st December 2021)
- Event entries close the Monday before the event starts at midday (1200)
- The opening phase of the championship will consist of two qualifying regions – North and South
- Regardless of home location, players may enter whichever area they wish – although there is only one entry per player per event
- The qualifying regions will be played and completed on one day
- The number of qualifiers produced from each region will be decided on a pro-rata entry basis. This will be made known to players prior to play.
- The ‘second phase’ of the championship will consist of a national last 16 stage combining both the qualifiers from the North and South regions. At this phase the last 16, quarter-finals and semi-finals will be completed, resulting in two finalists who will play each other at the EPSB Finals Weekend.
- The format is straight knockout throughout (no seeding / open draw)
- Match lengths may be dependent on the number of entries and published at a later date
Entry Fees and Prize Money
Semi-Finalists: £120 (each)
Quarter-Finalists: £60 (each)
2020 – Sean Maddocks
2019 – Jenson Kendrick
2018 – Ryan Davies
2017 – Sean McAllister
2016 – Mark Lloyd
2005 – Judd Trump
2004 – Gareth Coates
2003 – Gary Wilson
2002 – Gary Wilson
2001 – Tom Ford