Due to the unprecedented situation concerning the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic – and having listened to the latest government advice – the English Partnership for Snooker and Billiards has no option but to postpone all remaining tournaments for this 2019/20 season.
We understand that this may cause frustration, but the safety of our players and officials is our priority. As a national organisation, our events have the added risk of many people congregating from different areas of the country that they have travelled from.
The EPSB want to stress that all tournament dates – even the Finals Weekend towards the end of June – are postponed until further notice, although if the situation changes in the near future, it is possible that dates could be re-instated, but for now, everything is postponed.
All remaining events are not being outright cancelled, we aim to hold and fulfill these on later dates. The first event to be affected will be this Saturday’s English 6-Red Championship north and south qualifiers in Halifax and Coulsdon – these will definitely not happen on Saturday.
We will be monitoring the situation on a very regular basis and if there are any updates regards the EPSB we will communicate these through our website, email and on social media. Now may also be a good time to tell and remind people about our EPSB Members Group on Facebook here that you can request access to.
If you have entered a competition that has been postponed, you can request a refund of your entry fee straight away (you would also be allowed to ‘re-enter’ the same event in the future). If we don’t hear from you then we will keep your entry open for when the competition does take place. Should a player be unable to attend a re-scheduled competition date, you may also request a refund at that point.
For the latest guidance on COVID-19 please visit the government website here.
The English Partnership for Snooker and Billiards